Tuesday, September 29, 2009

DIY Schmuck

So tired. Tried to refinish our front door for the past few days. Was peeling and splitting. Not good. But project bigger than I suspected. What else is new? In-over-my-head is my middle name.

Sanded my arm off. (Okay, I borrowed a power sander, but still.) Bought wrong color stain, which looked like dog poop. Now, must re-sand and stain threshold. Have 3 coats of stain to do, 5 coats of polyurethane. Each one supposed to dry for about a month.

Right now, the handle is off, the door is naked wood which makes it look like our house is going into foreclosure or something. Drop cloths and paint cans are all over the place. And have my sisters, a cousin, a niece and nephew coming to visit tomorrow.

Why am I suddenly so concerned about the front door, you ask? I have no idea. I do this sort of thing every few months. (Kind of like the garden and the truck-load of mulch back in April. That didn't turn out so great either, come to think of it.) Well, too late to back out now.

Must go rest up for tomorrow. Got me some staining to do.

No comments: