Monday, December 21, 2009

It's a Very Cyber Christmas

My Sunday column for Westport Patch:


"It used to be that the big dig on Christmas was that it had gotten too commercial. It had become all about shopping instead of religious and family-centric. Now, it's gotten one step worse: even theshopping has become utterly impersonal.


My sisters and I all have Amazon wish lists for our families, so we don't even need to talk to each other for ideas. It's click and go. I pick something off a list, type in a gift card, check the box for wrapping paper, and buy it with one-click. The whole process takes 30 seconds and I never even have to change out of my pajamas. Not only that, but 36 hours later, the box is on the recipient's doorstep, shipped free. It literally couldn't get any easier. And I think that's the problem."



read the rest at:

No comments: