Monday, October 12, 2009

TiVo Snafu


So Jarv was watching some football game, San Diego, I believe. I say some game, because they're really all the same, aren't hey? Big guys shoving into each other, throwing a ball around, trying desperately to score in the last 60 seconds. (I know, I know, hold your fire, pigskin fans.)

So, anyway, he had to tape the last crucial 20 minutes so we could put the kids to bed. No big deal. We've got TiVo. And after they were down, he flipped it back on. The last 15 minutes were crucial. Someone scored. The game was tied. It all came down to the last...few...precious....minutes.

Until. The recording stopped.

"What happened," I asked innocently, pretty sure that for once I wasn't to blame. Jarv frantically worked the remote, steam nearly visible from the sides of his head. We don't mess with So Cal sporting events in this house. They're sacrosanct. (Sure, there's bound to be another one airing in the next two hours, but don't tell him that.)

But no. The recording was over. There was no more football to be found. Shortly, he discovered the reason why the DVR had deemed it necessary to change channels. It was programmed to record a more highly prioritized program:

Max & Ruby.

Now, I know this was not funny. Not funny at all. It was the San Diego Chargers, dammit! The last four minutes and the game was tied! But to me, the sight of my infuriated husband sitting on the edge of the couch, beer in hand, looking utterly dismayed at the sight of two precocious bunnies on the TV screen was just too much.

I don't think I bothered to mention to him that Mopsy and I had just programmed that Max & Ruby recording earlier that day. Oops. Sorry 'bout that.

But, you'll be glad to know it was the one where the bunnies set up a lemonade stand and Max decides to sell worms and mud pies. Couldn't be cuter.

No comments: