Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Cupcake Challenge

It's a lousy job, but someone had to try all the cupcakes in Westport and pick a winner.  Bravely, I volunteered for the task.

"Crumbs
You wouldn't call these cupcakes subtle. Walk by the storefront and your eye will undoubtedly be caught by the confections topped with brightly colored M&Ms, crumbled Reece's Peanut Butter Cups and strawberry pink swirls. Don't even think of letting your kids go within a 20-foot range of the store unless you plan on buying some.
Before I knew how to navigate the menu, I often found myself disappointed with Crumbs' cupcakes. Their taste rarely lived up to their enticing looks. Then I discovered the classic vanilla and chocolate. No frills, no candies. Just good old-fashioned cakes with buttercream frosting in two tried-and-true flavors."

read the rest at:

No comments: