Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Winter "Break" Misnomer


The kids were off last week for ELEVEN days. Not only was there a whole week of Winter break, but the Monday following it was a teacher development day. Poorly timed, if you ask me. And the Thursday before break was a snow day. In other words, the kids have been home a lot.

One mom I know said something along the lines of, "If you go on vacation, it flies by. If you stay home it's the longest week of your life."

Guess which category I fall into? It's painful when your whole neighborhood -- and all your kids' friends -- are gone, off to places like St. Martin and the Bahamas.

It's amusing, when school resumes, how the teachers are so delightful and refreshed. The moms, meanwhile, are harried and irritable. And now, we're hearing that we might have a snow day tomorrow! I know I've written about how much I love snow days and what a treat they are. I've changed my mind. Now I"m crossing my fingers for rain.

No comments: