Saturday, June 6, 2009

D Day

Tomorrow's the big day. We're driving to New Jersey early in the morning to go check out this pup (currently) named Isabelle. She's just arrived after a very long trip from North Carolina. 

The kids are beside themselves. It's like Christmas Eve over here. Mopsy can't sleep and all they want to do is get ready for the dog. Mind you, we're going to check out the dog and see if she's right for us. If not, we'll have to keep looking. But we hope she is. 

I'm very, very nervous. I feel like I've committed to adopt a baby and have no idea what kind of kid I'm going to get. High-maintenance? Hyper? Cooperative? Destructive? Time will tell.

Every night at dinner I ask the kids what was the best part of their day and what was the worst. The other night, Mopsy said that buying necessities for the pup at the pet store was her "best thing." QB reported that simply looking through the bag of dog treats, brushes, water bowls, etc,  was his "best thing." So I think we're either coming home with a dog tomorrow or two very sad kids.

Will keep you posted.

No comments: