Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Poop Report



This dog is on thin ice over here. I'll tell you why:

1. Yesterday, I awoke to find both urine and poop AGAIN on the dining room carpet. (The expensive one.) Apparently, the rug is her new toilet. I tried the trick of feeding her in here, and --guess what?-- she didn't want to eat in the smelly dining room. Well, guess what, Dog, neither do we!

2. Last night Jarv took her for a nice long walk after I gave her a good brush and belly rub. How did she thank us? She came inside, squatted on her new bed in the (carpeted) family room, and started to pee. Having spent much of the day scrubbing carpets and mopping, I lost it. What, was she saving it up? Mind you, this is a dog I was told was house-trained. False advertising anyone?

3. If that wasn't enough, she decided to put one last nail in her own coffin. She woke me up this morning at 4:45 to go outside. That's right, people, a quarter to 5. In the morning.

Growl.

Oh, and now she has diarrhea. Have you ever experienced doggy diarrhea? It is quite possibly the most vile, foul-smelling substance on the planet. And, added bonus, it gets all over the underside of her tail. Cool!

I know what you're thinking. I wanted a dog. I wanted this dog. I know, I know, I know. It's my own stupid fault. If anyone had told me I was signing up for a house full of crap and 5 am wake-up calls, I would've probably gone in a different direction with this thing.

Lucky for Isabelle, the kids already have a bit of a soft spot for her. Plus, she's pretty freakin' cute.

No comments: