Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Darndest Things

We've been watching a lot of The Parent Trap lately -- the Lindsey Lohan version. For those of you who don't remember this adolescent romp, it's about twin girls whose parents divorce and split their kids, who reunite accidentally at camp . The twins hatch an idea to switch places and try to get their parents back together, despite the fact that the father is about to remarry.

It's raised some amusing questions.

Mopsy: "Does our Daddy have a girlfriend?" I stifled a laugh and wanted to answer, "I don't think so." But I decided not to mess with her.

And then today the conversation went something like this:

Mopsy: "Where did you find Daddy?"

Me: "I found him at a party in New York a looong time ago."

Mopsy: "And you thought he was right for the family?"

Yeah, something like that. I think she's confusing mating rituals with the dog rescuing process. Luckily, I chose a husband more wisely than I did a pooch...

No comments: