Tuesday, April 21, 2009

It's Black, I'm Blue


There is great sorrow. My computer appears to have died. It won't turn on. It won't make that wonderful Apple start-up sound. Nada. 

And now I'm paralyzed. I can't check the weather while in the kitchen, shoot off emails, or look up that recipe for pot roast I saved. I'm so out of synch I even forgot to go online today and vote for my favorite dancers on Dancing with Stars.  Blasphemy. [Since you asked, I'm pulling for Gilles (hot!), Melissa (a trooper) and Shawn (cute as a button).] How did I function before I got my little G4 a few years ago?

Sure, there are two other computers in the house. But they're not mine. They don't know me the way my laptop does. They don't have all my photos, remember all my favorite sites, travel with me to the library. Those other desktops look different. I have to go into Yahoo email. It's all wrong. 

I'll be taking her into the shop tomorrow. This happened once before. I couldn't turn it on until I got to the Apple store at which time it worked just fine -- making me look like an idiot. It's exactly like when my car stopped making that strange scraping sound once I got to the shop and my kids lose any and all symptoms of an illness the minute we arrive at the pediatrician's. 

I just hope the Apple people can fix it so life can go back to normal. 

Oh, and Gilles, Melissa and Shawn will be back to dance again next week. Turns out they survived without me and my laptop.

No comments: