Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Nutty for Nutella




I used to think Nutella was just some sort of strange Euro stuff that lived in the back of my grandmother's kitchen cabinet for years on end. I can't remember what prompted me to actually try it for the first time. But life hasn't been the same since. It's heaven in a jar. Creamy smooth chocolate mixed with a hazelnut puree. It's like chocolate peanut butter, only much, much better.

Haven't tried it? Run, don't walk to the nearest store. Personally, I like it spread liberally on a warm, lightly toasted slice of sourdough bread. It's like a gooey, open-faced chocolate croissant. But if you're too impatient and can't wait for the toaster, it's perfectly acceptable to eat it straight out of the jar with a spoon, the preferred method of Nutella delivery in my household. 

If by any chance you aren't looking for a quick way to put on five pounds, forget I said anything. Really, it's not that good. I was only kidding.

No comments: