Tuesday, April 14, 2009

An Easter Surprise


So I'm packing away all the Easter stuff, which reminded me of something funny that happened last year. My mother-in-law, who's crazy but as sweet as pie, shipped my kids two stuffed bunnies for the holiday. Once I opened the box, I realized that they were, to put it kindly, used. Now, I'm all for recycling. For Christmas, I gave my nephew, Jack, a pile of QB's old Thomas the tank trains which had long been forgotten. I felt a little cheap about this, but he loves them. My sister and I send stuff back and forth all the time. The kids don't know the difference, so who cares? It's a win-win.

But back to the bunnies. I realized that not only were these stuffed animals most definitely not new, but they were a bit dirty. The white thing, which is really more like a tower of bunnies, I cleaned up fairly easily. But the brown, well, on closer examination, I realized that my mother-in-law had sent my children a stuffed bunny.... WITH GRAVY ON IT.  Not only that, but the gravy rabbit had been FED EXED. Okay, I couldn't positively swear that the food chunks were, at one time, gravy. But it was some sort of food in a semi-liquid form. I didn't spend too much time trying to source it before giving the plush friend to GoodWill. Here's where you surely think I'm making this all up. Sadly, I'm not.

These sort of things used to infuriate me. But now, thankfully, I just find it amusing. Bizarre, yet amusing. As my sister says, my in-laws are just bonkers. With gravy on top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it