Saturday, April 25, 2009

Shame Works

It turns out my husband reads my blog after all.  After I wrote about his blatant breach of the Marriage Karma rules of engagement (April 19 post), he was shamed into action. (His crime: going on a golf weekend and then instantly forgetting that he owed me one.)

Last night, out of the blue, he asked: "Do you want to sleep in tomorrow?" Uh, yeah! Does it rain in Seattle? Do men like sex? I was thrilled. Believe me, an offer of this nature never comes my way without much cajoling and negotiating.

Happily, I slept 'till 9 a.m. and the good karma has been restored. That wasn't too much to ask for now, was it?

Blogging is evidently much more effective than nagging. Duly noted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahem! Let it be noted that Seattle's soggy reputation is really just citizen propaganda to keep, say, more Californians from moving here. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get off this houseboat, into my flannel and to the protest before my latte gets cold.