Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Mac is Back!

Guess what? My Mac isn't dead after all. (I know you've been very concerned and the suspense has been killing you.) Surprise, surprise, I went to the Apple repair shop and they were able to turn it on. (This is sounding oddly familiar...) This time, though, it appears that they've solved the mystery. My husband, Jarvis, will be shocked to hear that my computer problem was...my own fault.

A few months ago, I needed to replace the battery. Have you ever bought a computer battery?They ain't cheap.  This one ran about $120. Yikes! There are so many other things I'd rather spend $120 on.  I went online and found a generic battery from a random electronics website. And it was only $60! How clever of me. (I pride myself in finding good deals. Can't put one over on me.)

But this battery, see, seems to be shorting out my laptop's power supply. So even when I have it plugged in, the battery, ironically, acts as a power drain. The computer actually works better with the battery taken out. 

All this means that now I'm going to have to go buy the expensive Apple battery after all. In the end, the whole mess will cost me $180, quite a bit more than if I'd just gotten the right thing in the first place. 

Clever, eh?

No comments: